Parts & Consumables
Bearingless Pump System BPS-600 (PFA)
MagLev Pumps for Ultrapure Fluid Handling
No Seals, No Bearings,
No Particle Contamination!
LEVITATED CENTRIFUGAL PUMP
The BPS-600 pump system is a revolutionary centrifugal pump that has no bearings to wear out or seals to break down and fail.
Based on the principles of magnetic levitation, the pump’s impeller is suspended, contact-free, inside a sealed casing and is driven by the magnetic field of the motor.
The impeller and casing are both fabricated from chemical-resistant high purity fluorocarbon resins (PFA). Together with the rotor magnet they make up the pump head.
Fluid flow rate and pressure are precisely controlled by electronically regulating the impeller speed without pulsation.
Closed loop flow or pressure control is easy configurable with the usage of an additional pressure or flow sensor.
Various system configurations are possible as explained in the brochure (see Downloads).
- Extremely low particle generation due to the absence of mechanically contacting parts. Reduces particle contamination issues in wet processes by generating 10 to 50 times fewer particles compared to other pumps.
- Increases equipment uptime.
- Lower maintenance costs by eliminating valves, bearings, rotating seals and costly rebuilds.
- Reduced risk of contamination due to the self-contained design with magnetic bearings.
- Very gentle to sensitive fluids due to low-shear design.
- No narrow gaps and fissures where particles or micro-organisms could be entrapped.
- Smooth, continuous flow without pressure pulsation.
- Electronic speed control.
- Compact design compared to pneumatic and magdrive pumps. Saves valuable space in process tools by having a smaller footprint.
- Proven technology in medical and semiconductor industry (MTBF > 50 years).
75 liters/min (20 gallons/min)
3.2 bar (46 psi)
Impeller / Pump Housing
48V DC, 600 W
Semiconductor wet processing.
Flip chip and advanced packaging.
Solar cell production.
Flat panel display manufacturing.
Printer ink handling.