Parts & Consumables
WaferGrip™ Adhesives are advanced composite film adhesives engineered to bond wafers, thin film heads, optics and other substrates during dicing, grinding, lapping and polishing.
WaferGrip™ Adhesives consist of Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA) polymers. WaferGrip™ is heat activated to bond two surfaces together. A typical application is the bonding of wafers to mounting substrates for the thinning process. WaferGrip™ preformed shapes are manufactured to suit the required application. An accurately controlled bond line provides an efficient and robust process. WaferGrip™ preformed shapes are available in three formulations: Standard, Conductive and High Temp.
WaferGrip Adhesives are available in three configurations:
- WaferGrip™ on Release Paper, used for many standard applications including wafer dicing and wafer thinning.
- WaferGrip™ on Protective Overlay, used as a temporary substrate that allows the user to cut through the wafer into the substrate below.
- WaferGrip™ on Double Sided Protective Overlay.
- WaferGrip™ Adhesives are removed from the release paper then applied at room temperature to a mounting substrate such as sapphire or glass.
- The part or wafer is placed over the WaferGrip.
- The entire assembly is then heated to around 110°C – 230°F for 30 to 60 seconds with light pressure, using a vacuum chamber for void free bonding.
- To remove WaferGrip™, use our specially formulated solvent StripAid X Solvent.
WaferGrip™ Adhesives are resistant to:
- KOH etch solutions
- Photoresist strippers
|WaferGrip Temporary Adhesive Properties||Test Method||Standard WaferGrip||Conductive WaferGrip||High Temp WaferGrip|
|Softening Point (°C/°F)||ASTM-D-36||98/208||98/208||115/239|
|Recommended Bond Temperature (°C/°F)||N/A||100-120 / 212-248||100-120 / 212-248||120-140 / 212-284|
|Lap Shear Strength (psi) (Al to Al)||ASTM-D-1002||400||395||490|
|Ultimate Strength (psi/KPa)||ASTM-D-3574-E||120/827||714/4922||517/3565|
|C.T.E -70°C to 49°C (μm/°C)||ASTM-E-831||133.3||140.0||147.9|
|Volume Resistivity (ohms-cm)||ASTM-D257||1.6E+14||8.8E+13||1.6E+14|
|% Volatiles||EPA Method 16||Negligible||Negligible||Negligible|
WaferGrip™ is available in the following thickness ranges:
- 0.8 +/- 0.15 mil – 20 μm +/- 4 μm
- 1.35 +/- 0.15 mil – 34 μm +/- 4 μm
- 2.00 +/- 0.20 mil – 50 μm +/- 5 μm
Store under cool, dry conditions away from direct sunlight. Proper storage temperatures range from –5°C/23°F to 24°C/75°F. For best results, keep unopened WaferGrip in the original sealed bag with desiccant. Shelf life at 25°C/ 77°F and 45% humidity is approximately 1.5 years.
There are currently no videos available.
Theres currently no information available for application.